- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 2-1/3 cups ground hazelnuts 280g
- grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice (Lebkuchengewürz)
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/3 cups confectioner's sugar 150g
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 35 small baking wafers
- 35 whole hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a bowl combine eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar with an electric whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy. Stir in the ground hazelnuts, the lemon zest, the gingerbread spice and the flour to make a firm dough. Using a teaspoon place scoops of the mixture on small round baking wafers (Backoblaten). Place the cookies onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Mix confectioner's sugar and lemon juice to make the icing and brush on the chilled cookies. Place one whole hazelnut on top of each cookie.