Easy to make butter and nut cookies with rose wine topping covered with powdered sugar
Servings 30 Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 8 oz. butter
- 4 oz. ground hazelnuts alt.use: walnuts, almonds, pecan nuts
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10 oz. rosé wine jelly 2 jars
- 1/2 cup confectionery sugar
Courtesy of Maintal Konfitueren
- Separate egg into egg white and egg yolk. Keep egg white.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar, softened butter (cut into pieces), egg white and nuts thorougly and knead to a firm cookie dough
- Wrap dough ball into plastic foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. Roll out dough to about 1/4 in. thickness. Use stencils to cut out stars of various sizes.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick oil, place star-shaped cookies onto sheet and bake cookie stars for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat wine jelly until warm. Brush semi-liquid wine jelly onto half of the cut out stars. Cover with another star of similar size. Powder with confectionery sugar. Serve.
Serving Suggestions: Add 1 tsp. of cinnamon and/or star anise to the dough, if you want to bring out Christmas flavors Use other finely-ground nuts, if hazelnuts are not available (but we do recommend hazelnuts) Get Vanilla Sugar here Get Rose Wine Jelly here