Haselnusswaffeln mit Brombeercreme
Homemade hazelnut waffles served with blackberry cream and topped with fresh blackberries make a great brunch or romantic breakfast dish.
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 3/4 cup finely ground hazelnuts 100g
- 2/3 lb cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons blackberry jam substitute with raspberry & black currant jam.
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 lb blackberries
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- With an electric mixer, beat the melted butter with the sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs until fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine flour, corn starch and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients and the cream gradually to the butter-egg-sugar mixture. Fold in the ground hazelnuts. Prepare waffles in preheated waffle maker.
- Combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and blackberry jam until smooth. Serve the waffles with the cream and fresh blackberries. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Product Suggestions: Bavarian Raspberry Jam Bavarian Black Currant Jelly