Servings 8 rolls
- 17-1/2 oz wheat flour type 550 500 g
- 1 packet dry yeast 7 g
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- coarse salt
- 34 oz water 1 L
- 3 tbsp baking soda
Adapted from Oma-kocht.de
- Mix 500 g of wheat flour with 1 teaspoon of sugar, the salt and 350 ml of lukewarm water. Dissolve the dry yeast in a little lukewarm water and add it. Knead everything into a smooth dough. Leave it covered in a warm place.
- If you want firmer buns, just let it rise for 45-60 minutes, for looser buns at least 8 hours.
- Then knead the dough again and divide it into 8 even balls. Now form buns out of it. Make sure to press the blanks as tightly as possible so they don't come apart while cooking.
- Now preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Boil 1 liter of water in a large saucepan. Add some salt and 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Then turn the heat down so that the water only simmers slightly.
- Be careful: the caustic soda is very irritating to the skin.
- Now the dough pieces for our lye rolls are gradually simmered in the lye for around 60 seconds. Turn it every now and then with a ladle.
- Turn them over and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet with the side that was facing down when you cooked them. Cut crosswise with a knife on the surface.
- Sprinkle them with the coarse salt and possibly some white sesame seeds. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake the pretzel rolls for 25 minutes until they are nice and brown. Enjoy!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 5g