This recipe brings out the wonderful flavors of harvest season. Zesty horseradish nicely balances the sweetness of the squash and apples.
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 3/4 lb red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large, crisp apple such as Honeycrisp or Granny Smith, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp creamy German horseradish
- 2 tsbp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place squash in oven for about 15 minutes to soften somewhat, then peel and slice into bite-sized pieces, discarding seeds.
- Combine squash in a roasting pan with potatoes and apple. In a small bowl, whisk together horseradish, olive oil and salt and pepper. Pour mixture over vegetables and apple and toss. Roast uncovered, tossing occasionally, until deeply roasted and caramelized, about 1 hour. Serve.