Warming kohlrabi cream soup with the flavors of chili pepper shallots, lemon and lemon balm.
- 1-5/8 lbs kohlrabi 750 g
- 1 green chili
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1-1/4 cups whipping cream 300 ml
- 6-3/4 tbsp whole milk 100 ml
- 3 cups vegetable stock scant, 700 ml
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 stalks lemon balm
- Dice shallots into small cubes. Peel kohlrabi and cut into 1 cm cubes. Cut chili in half lengthwise.
- Heat butter in a pot. Sauté shallots, kohlrabi and chili pepper 6-8 minutes until they become translucent. Season with salt, pepper and 1 pinch of sugar. Add cream, milk and vegetable stock and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Add a little salt and sugar to taste and remove the chili.
- Puree the soup in a blender until very fine and season with lemon juice, pluck off the leaves from the lemon balm and sprinkle over the soup.