Hüsumer Nordeefisch auf Zwieback
A great fish dish with zucchini and tomatoes, easy to make as a snack or main dish. Use fresh cod, halibut or canned herring.
- 8 Brandt Zwieback toasts
- 8 oz fresh cod or halibut or canned herring
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 packet Sauce Béarnaise dry sauce mix
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
Recipe courtesy of Brandt Zwieback
- Wash the fresh fish and pat dry. (If using canned herring, drain completely.) Cut fish into strips or small cubes and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Wash zucchini and tomatoes and cut into thin slices. Rub peeled garlic onto the Zwieback toasts, and spread the toasts with butter. Lay fish pieces, zucchini and tomato slices on top, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with sauce Béarnaise and slivers of almonds and grill at high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Prep time under 25 minutes