Käsespätzle mit Gemüse
- 1-5/8 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 big carrots
- 1 big onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 7/8 cup peas
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup grated Emmentaler cheese
- freshly ground pepper
Recipe adapted from eatsmarter.de
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Form spaetzle dough by combining the flour, eggs, salt, nutmeg, and about 3/8 cup water in a bowl. Vigorously stir until bubbles form. Allow the dough to sit for 15 minutes.
- In a big pot bring salt water to a boil. Using a spaetzle board and scraper, place the spaetzle dough onto the board and slowly scrape off into the water. It takes about 2-3 minutes for the spaetzle to cook. Remove them from the water and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking further. Set aside in an oven-safe dish.
- Peel and shred the carrots. Slice the tomatoes into halves. Chop the onion. In a skillet melt the butter. Add the carrots, pepper pieces, peas, and onion, and lightly cook for about 3 minutes. Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables to the spaetzle and stir. Sprinkle with cheese and place the dish in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.