- 1 jar Bavarian Style Sauerkraut 24 oz, 720 ml
- 4 cured pork ribs approx. 6 ounces / 180g each
For the potato purée:
- 1-1/4 pounds floury potatoes for boiling 1 kg
- 8-1/2 oz milk approx. 1/4 liter
- 2 oz butter 50 g
- freshly ground pepper
- freshly ground nutmeg
- Wash, peel and chop potatoes. Place in a saucepan, cover with water, add salt and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauerkraut. Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes with a little bit of water, some juniper berries and bay leaves.
- Place pork ribs on top of the sauerkraut. Cover and heat the pork ribs in the kraut.
- For the purée, drain potatoes and press through a ricer into a bowl. Bring the milk to boiling. Add the boiled milk and butter to the potatoes, and mix everything together with a whisk to a purée.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Arrange potato purée, sauerkraut and cured pork ribs on serving plates.