Kohlrabi makes awesome fries, which can be baked or fried according to your liking. They taste great with a variety of seasonings, such as lemon pepper, curry, cumin, or chili, and are also great with dips.
- 1-2 tablespoon flour (white, rice, chickpea or semolina)
- 2-4 tablespoons oil as needed (olive, canola or grapeseed)
- other seasoning such as lemon pepper, curry powder, paprika, chili powder, or cumin
- Wash and peel the kohlrabi and cut into finger-sized sticks.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Toss the kohlrabi with the flour and salt in a bowl to coat the kohlrabi sticks.
- Add the kohlrabi to the oil in batches, without crowding the pan. Cook till browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain the fried kohlrabi sticks, and toss with the seasoning of your choice.
- Baking method: Omit the flour. Toss the kohlrabi sticks with the oil, and bake for about 30 minutes in a 425 degree oven till crispy, turning after 15 minutes. Sprinkle with seasoning to taste while still warm.