Servings 2 people
- 2 kohlrabi
- flour for breading
- 2 eggs
- ground almonds optional
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
Translated and adapted from ichkoche.at
- Peel the kohlrabi and cut into slices of approximately 3/8th inch. While you're preparing the kohlrabit bulbs, fill a saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook the kohlrabi slices in the boiling water till slightly tender, about 7-8 minutes. Remove the slices, drain, and pat dry.
- Mix the ground almonds with the breadcrumbs, if using. Bread the kohlrabi cutlets by coating each slice first in seasoned flour, then in egg, then in breadcrumbs. The kohlrabi should be completely coated on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and brown the cutlets until golden on both sides. Remove the kohlrabi schnitzels from the pan and drain to remove any excess oil.
- Serve with a green salad. If you wish, offer a simple dressing on the side.