Region Bremen, Schleswig-Holstein
- 6 oz grated coconut
- 5 egg whites
- 14 oz marzipan
- 9 oz confectioner's sugar
- grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- 1 oz sugar
- candied cherries
- chocolate coating
- Gently brown the coconut in a frying pan without oil or fat.
- Beat the eggs whites until stiff. Crumble the marzipan and mix with half of the of the sieved confectioners' sugar and fold into the beaten egg whites. Add the coconut, lemon peel and the rest of the confectioners' sugar and mix into a gooey consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe it walnut-sized onto a greased baking tray. Sprinkle with sugar and bake in a preheated oven at 320 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and decorate with candied cherries and melted chocolate.