- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 7 hard-boiled egg yolk
- 2 egg yolks
- 3-3/4 cups flour
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 440°F/225°C.
- Melt the butter and beat with the sugar and lemon peel until fluffy. Press the hard-boiled egg yolk through a sieve, add to the butter mixture and stir well.
- Add the flour and knead into a dough. Cover the dough and let sit for an hour.
- Form the dough into finger-sized rolls. Cut the rolls into pieces about 4-3/4 inches long, shape into wreaths and place on a greased baking sheet.
- For the decoration, beat the egg whites until somewhat stiff. Coat the wreaths with the egg whites and sprinkle generously with the granulated sugar.
- Bake the wreaths in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.