Fish soup from the northern region of Germany. Great paired with dark bread and a beer!
- 6 potatoes diced
- 4 onions
- 1 small head white cabbage
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1-1/8 lbs cod Dorsch
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
Recipe adapted from chefkoch.de
- Boil potatoes in salt water with one bay leaf until well done.
- Peel and slice onions and cube white cabbage. Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion slices and cabbage cubes and allow them to brown slightly. Mix in vegetable broth, one bay leaf, pepper, and salt. Keep at a low boil.
- Cut the cod fillets into big cubes. Lightly salt and add to the pot. Add the cooked potatoes.
- In a skillet brown the flour, without using any fat. Whisk with the milk and add to the pot.
- Garnish with dill and serve.