Whole grain bread with sunflower seeds and rye grains topped with garlic-herb cream cheese and zucchini, eggplants and fresh herbs stir-fried with a little olive oil.
- 4 slices Mestemacher Fitness Bread
- 3-1/2 oz cream cheese with herbs 100g
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/4 sprig thyme
- 1/4 sprig rosemary chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
Recipe courtesy of Mestemacher
- Slice zucchini and eggplant and chop the red pepper into strips.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly.
- Add thyme, rosemary and garlic to the pan and continue cooking for another two minutes. Then set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the chives. Roll the cream cheese into balls roughly the size of a walnut and roll into chopped chives to cover.
- Place the cooked vegetables on the bread and top with a chive/cheese ball.
Try this: Put the chive/cheese topping on slices of pumpernickel bread with a salad leaf – great for parties. Also delicious with with cream cheese with chive flavor!