Pilz-Nudel-Auflauf mit Käse
Rich, satisfying, easy to make and serve, this German casserole uses mushrooms, bacon, cheese, sour cream, white wine and noodles. Easy party food.
- 12 oz German noodles
- 1 can German mushrooms 1 lb
- 1 oz butter
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 oz bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup German white wine
- 8 oz German Butterkäse* Tilsit or Gouda, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Cook noodles according to package instructions al dente. Rinse in cold water and allow to drain.
- Lightly fry the onions, mushrooms, garlic and bacon, add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on parsley. Add beef bouillon and white wine and cook uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Mix mushrooms, noodles and 3/4 of the cheese together and pour into a greased baking dish. Mix eggs and sour cream together and pour over the mixture. Sprinkle on breadcrumbs, the remaining grated cheese and a few flakes of butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes. Serve with a salad.