A breakfast or brunch dish of browned mushrooms, onions and German spaetzle noodles in a lightly spiced custard.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces German spätzle such as Bechtle brand, prepared
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Beat eggs and mix with cream, salt, nutmeg and pepper and set aside.
- Heat butter in pan and cook mushrooms and onion over medium heat until soft and fragrant. Add in prepared spätzle and toast for 2 to 3 minutes or until browning begins. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped parsley and egg mixture. Cook over low heat and stir until eggs are cooked. Garnish with parsley.