- 2 packs Nürnberger sausages (10 sausages per pack, around 175g each)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
For the sauerkraut:
- 1 jar Bavarian Style Sauerkraut
- juniper berries
- 3 - 4 leaves bay
For the potato purée:
- 2-1/4 lbs floury potatoes for boiling 1 kg
- 1-1/4 cups milk .3 liter
- 50 g butter
- freshly ground pepper
- freshly ground nutmeg
- For the purée, wash, peel and chop the potatoes. Place in a saucepan, cover with water, add salt and boil for 15 to 20 minutes. Bring milk to boil, drain potatoes and press through a ricer into a bowl. Add hot milk and butter and mix with a whisk to a purée. Season to taste.
- Simmer sauerkraut for about 10 - 15 minutes while adding a little bit of water some juniper berries and bay leaves.
- Heat oil in pan and fry sausages.
- Arrange sauerkraut, purée and Nürnberger sausages on a plate.
- Per person: kj 2507 / kcal 602