Nussbolognese mit Spaghetti
- 5/8 cup nuts
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package noodles
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-1/4 cups fresh tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, basil)
- salt and pepper
- chili powder optional
Recipe adapted from chefkoch.de
- Prepare the noodles according to the package.
- Finely chop the nuts. Place into a pan and roast until golden brown without fat.
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves into small pieces. Heat the olive oil in a pot and saute the onion and garlic until they are clear and translucent.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes, nuts, and Italian herbs to the pot with the onion and garlic. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste to the mixture one tablespoon at a time until desired thickness is reached. Flavor with salt and pepper to taste, adding the chili powder if desired. Allow to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with the prepared noodles.