- 8-1/2 oz roasted chopped almonds 250 g
- 4-1/2 oz potato starch 125 g
- 3-1/2 oz sugar 100 g
- 1 teaspoon kosher baking powder suitable for the use at Passover
- finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 2 baking sheets with oil. Mix almonds, sugar, starch, baking powder and orange peel, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to create cone-shaped dollops and put them on the baking sheet. Please remember that macaroons expand during baking, so leave some space between each dollop.
- Bake the macaroons for about 10 minutes or until brown. If you like the macaroons crispy, bake for 15 minutes. Keep them in a tin can, so that they stay fresh for a longer time.
Cooking time: 12 minutes