Pellkartoffeln mit Leinöl
Potatoes boiled in their skins. Flaxseed oil adds a pleasant nutty flavor to this classic East German potato dish, a Green Thursday childhood favorite of author Nadia Hassani.
- 2 lb very small new potatoes scrubbed
- 1 tsp caraway seeds plus
- 16 oz quark or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground caraway
- 2 tsp flaxseed oil plus more to taste
- 2-3 tbsp milk optional
- Scrub the potatoes with a brush and bring them to a boil in enough salted water to just cover them.
- Add the caraway seeds and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Combine the quark or yogurt with the chives. Add salt, pepper and ground caraway, and stir in the flaxseed oil. Add a small amount of milk and stir until smooth. Serve the hot potatoes and the dip separately.
- Instead of incorporating the chives and flaxseed oil into the quark/yogurt, they can also be served on the side and added to taste.