Pfefferminzeis mit Schokostückchen
This easy peppermint ice cream uses peppermint syrup for flavoring, and adds German chocolate cookie sticks to complete the classic mint-chocolate pairing. Take it up a notch by adding chocolate chunks and garnishing with fresh mint.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 7/8 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups cream
- 3/8 cups peppermint syrup
- 10 Rausch Amacado chocolate sticks
Recipe adapted from chefkoch.de
- In a bowl beat the egg yolks and sugar until foamy. In a hot water bath, place the bowl and add milk. Beat until creamy, while making sure that the mixture doesn’t get too hot. Allow to cool and fold in peppermint syrup.
- In a bowl beat the cream until whipped. Cut the Rausch sticks into small pieces and fold into the ice cream.
- Place the mixture into the freezer for about 20 minutes. Thereafter transfer it into an ice cream maker. It takes about 30-60 minutes to finish the ice cream in the maker. Place the ice cream in a freezer-safe container and allow to thoroughly freeze for another 3 hours or until firm.
Cuisinart 2 Qt Ice Cream Maker