Plum Cake with ground walnuts, butter and sugar.
- 1-1/2 lb plums
- 9 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 2-1/2 tbsp granulated sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Rinse the plums and let them dry. Cut each in half and remove their pits.
- Beat the butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl until creamy. Stir in the eggs one by one. Mix in the flour with the baking powder and the walnuts, and gradually stir the batter until light and foamy.
- Spread the batter on the bottom of a greased springform pan (11 inch diameter). Arrange the plums artfully on the batter with the cut side up.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with granulated sugar and allow to cool in the pan.