Schweinebraten mit Kartoffelklößen
Pork loin roasted with herbs and vegetables with bacon, butter, mustard, red wine sauce. Serve with potato dumplings and rotkohl.
- 4 lb boneless pork loin
- 3 teaspoons German mustard
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 carrot
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Rub the meat with the mustard, sprinkle with herbs and salt and lay in a roasting dish. Fry the bacon in the butter and pour over meat.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees F for approximately 90 minutes until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink (use a meat thermometer to check correct internal temperature is reached). Periodically pour water over roast (about 3/4 cup).
- In the meantime, chop the carrot, parsley and onion. Add wine and vegetables to roast after 40 minutes.
- Serve with German potato dumplings (Kartoffelklößen) and German red cabbage (Rotkohl).