Quick and tasty German stir fried dish made from sliced pork, snow peas, mushrooms and onions in a light cream sauce, served with German spaetzle.
- 9 ounces frozen snow peas
- 9 ounces boxed German spätzle such as Bechtle brand, prepared
- 1 pound pork loin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2-3 tablespoons cream to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil snow peas in water until just cooked and set aside. Prepare spätzle according to box instructions and let drain thoroughly.
- Slice pork into strips and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and cook pork over medium heat until cooked through and slightly browned. Remove pork from pan.
- Using the same pan, heat the remainder of the butter and cook mushrooms and onions over medium heat until soft and slightly browned.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add cream to taste. Place the pork and peas back into the pan and heat just until warmed through.
- Serve with the prepared spätzle.