This recipe, suitable for kids of all ages, uses fresh potatoes or potato dumplings along with, ham, apples, pickles, and radishes to make a cute and tasty potato mouse.
- 4 large potatoes high starch content such as Russet
- 2 small apples
- 1 Tbsp rapeseed oil or canola
- 2 pepperoncini
- 2 little red radishes
- 4 slices cooked ham 8.5 oz, or approx. 240 g
- 1 small bunch of chives
- 12 cloves
For the ginger cream:
- 7 oz sour cream 200 g
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Wash the potatoes and boil them for 30 minutes in water to which you've added some salt.
- Wash the apples, core them and slice into rings. Heat the rapeseed oil in a sauté pan and lightly sauté the apple rings.
- Rinse the pepperoncini and and cut them into slices. Slice the little red radishes, too.
For the ginger cream sauce:
- Combine the sour cream, honey, lemon juice and ground ginger, and season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the mice:
- Slice the potatoes in half longways. Place 1-2 apple slices on the bottom halves. Place a slice of cooked ham on top of the apple slices.
- Spice it up by adding generous amounts of ginger cream and place the other potato halves on top.
- Decorate with the pepperoncini rings, cloves and chives so that the potatoes resemble mice.