Pumpernickel Eis mit Preiselbeeren
Pumpernickel Ice Cream is a most unusual ice cream flavored with pumpernickel bread and German chocolate, served with fresh cranberries.
- 2 oz Pumpernickel bread slightly dried
- 2 oz dark German chocolate
- 3 fresh eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh cranberries to serve
- Grate the chocolate and the pumpernickel together.
- Mix the vanilla extract into the sugar. Separate the eggs and mix the egg yolks with the flavored sugar in a blender.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy. Whip the cream.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and then add the cream and pumpernickel mixture. Freeze for at least three hours.
- Serve with cranberries.
Cuisinart 2 Qt Ice Cream Maker