Crostini mit Kürbisrelish
This scrumptious seasonal appetizer is a creative new way to prepare pumpkin. Crispy crostini are topped with fresh pumpkin relish for an irresistible snack.
- 1/2 pound pumpkin flesh
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 red onion finely diced
- Salt freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 ounce pumpkin seeds plus some for decoration, 20 g
- 1/2 tablespoon rapeseed oil 10 ml, or canola
- 1 rustic ciabatta-style bread enough for 12 slices
- pumpkin seeds
- fresh basil
- mâche for garnish feldsalat
- julienne-style carrots and celery or kohlrabi if available
- Finely dice the pumpkin flesh. Sauté half of the diced pumpkin with the white wine vinegar, salt and pepper for about 10 minutes, then purée with an immersion mixer.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Add the diced onion and garlic and the remaining pumpkin to the purée, combine well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Quickly roast the pumpkin seeds in a little bit of oil and salt.
- Cut the ciabatta bread into thin slices, spread a bit of butter on each slice and bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F until golden brown.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin relish on each of the crostini, sprinkle with the roasted pumpkin seeds and basil leaves. Garnish the crostini with fresh mâche and the julienne-style vegetables.