A good looking dessert with refreshing raspberries and light cream.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 5 tbsp flour
- pinch salt
- 1 cup Maintal Raspberry Jelly
- 1 cup Maintal Raspberry Fruit Spread
- 2 sheets gelatin
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 12 oz whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Recipe adapted from Maintal Jams
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Beat sugar and eggs until frothy, fold in flour and a pinch of salt until doughy. Spread the dough evenly and as thick as a finger on a lined baking tray. Bake it for 18 minutes.
- While it bakes, sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with sugar. Quickly topple the hot biscuit cake bottom onto the kitchen towel with sugar and roll the cake bottom in the sugar. Let cool down in this position. That way the cake bottom stays elastic and doesn't break once topped with cream and rolled.
- While the cake cools, prepare the cream for the filling. Soak gelatin in cold water. Stir Raspberry Jelly Extra in metal bowl until smooth. Whisk whipping cream until stiff. Squeeze water out of gelatin and put gelatin into a ladle. Pour over hot water and stir until gelatin has dissolved. Slowly add liquid gelatin to the almost stiff cream. Add the lemon juice. Fold cream carefully into the preserve. Carefully stir raspberries into cream.
- Heat Raspberry Fruit Spread until liquid and spread on the cake bottom. Let cool down briefly and spread raspberry cream on top. Roll back in shape and chill for about 3 hours.