Here’s a selection some of the traditional dishes from the most well-known regions of Baden-Wuerttemberg: Baden, Swabia and The Black Forest.
- A traditional potato pancake recipe.
- Spaetzle (loosely translated as egg noodles) with Emmentaler cheese and fried onions.
- Pockets of noodle dough that are stuffed with various fillings such as spinach, meat or cheese, similar to ravioli.
- An onion pie made with a yeast dough base, topped with onions, eggs, cream and bacon. It is most commonly eaten in the fall and is a typical accompaniment to Federweisser, a young wine that has just begun to ferment.
- Some of Germany’s best plums come from Baden, and they’re the stars of this cake.
- A famous, luscious cream and chocolate cake spiked with cherries and cherry brandy