For the garnish:
- 3-1/2 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 oz almonds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C . Finely grate the Zwieback. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one after another until the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix the ground almonds with the Zwieback crumbs, flour and baking powder. Gradually stir into the creamy mixture.
- Grease and flour the baking pan, and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for about 35 minutes.
- Allow the “venison” to cool slightly, then remove it from the pan and leave to cool.
- For the glaze, chop the chocolate and dissolve it with the coconut oil in a double boiler over warm water. Coat the cake.
- Stick the slivered almonds evenly spaced in the “venison” so that it can be cut into 18 pieces.