Roastbeefsandwiches mit Spargel und Bärlauchpesto
A sophisticated and satisfying sandwich of thin roast beef slices, green and white asparagus, cream cheese, tomato slices and wild garlic pesto on toasted bread. Yum!
- 4 tbsp alfalfa sprouts
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 6 spears green asparagus
- 6 spears white asparagus
- 4 slices bread rye or your favorite
- 8 pimento-stuffed olives
- 2 wooden sandwich picks
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 4 tbsp cold-pressed canola oil Rapsöl
- wild garlic pesto see recipe
- 3 oz roast beef
- Wash the asparagus and peel the white variety from just below the head downwards, peel only the bottom third of the green spears. Add sugar, salt and a few drops of canola oil to a pot of boiling water and cook the asparagus to desired texture (10 minutes recommended), then drain the spears and let them cool down.
- Remove skin and seeds of the tomatoes and cut them into wedges. Peel the onion and cut it into thin rings. Toast bread on one side. Thread 4 olives on each of the wooden skewers.
- Spread the wild garlic pesto onto the untoasted side of the bread, place it on a plate. Arrange 3 of white and 3 green asparagus spears on each bottom slice of bread, spread the cream cheese on top, followed by some more pesto, then add the roast beef , more pesto, the tomato wedges and alfalfa sprouts. Spread pesto on the second slice of bread and place on top of the sandwich. Garnish with some sprout and the onion rings and secure each sandwich with the skewers.