A quick and easy German twist on crostini, made with German rye bread, soft cheese, tomato, basil and seasonings. Recipe courtesy of Roz Denny, Modern German Food.
- 6 slices German rye bread
- 2 large garlic cloves halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-1/2 ounces German soft spreadable cheese
- 2 medium-ripe tomatoes seeded and diced
- 3 basil leaves sliced very thinly lengthwise
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Recipe courtesy of Roz Denny, Modern German Food
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut bread slices in half. Rub one side of each piece with the cut side of garlic. Brush with oil and place on a baking sheet; bake 10 minutes.
- Let bread cool, slightly, and spread toasted bread with cheese. Gently stir together tomato and basil spoon on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.