A quick and easy German twist on crostini, made with German rye bread, soft cheese, tomato, basil and seasonings. Recipe courtesy of Roz Denny, Modern German Food.
- 6 slices German rye bread
- 2 large garlic cloves halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-1/2 ounces German soft spreadable cheese
- 2 medium-ripe tomatoes seeded and diced
- 3 basil leaves sliced very thinly lengthwise
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Recipe courtesy of Roz Denny, Modern German Food
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut bread slices in half. Rub one side of each piece with the cut side of garlic. Brush with oil and place on a baking sheet; bake 10 minutes.
Let bread cool, slightly, and spread toasted bread with cheese. Gently stir together tomato and basil spoon on top.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.