- 1 lb package bread mix or ready made pizza crust
- 1 onion sliced thinly into rings
- 1/2 lb German Sauerkraut drained and rinsed
- 4 oz German imported Black Forest Schinken thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced thinly
- 3 oz Bavarian Emmental cheese coarsely grated
- dried oregano or marjoram
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the bread mix according to package instructions. Roll out on a lightly floured board to a think rectangle large enough to fit a shallow lightly oiled baking tray (10 x 12 inches). Lightly grease the tray or line base with parchment paper. Or use ready made pizza crust for convenience.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Scatter the onion rings and sauerkraut evenly on top of the dough making sure they spread right to the edges.
- Add toppings and sprinkle with herbs and seasonings.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. The bread base should be perfectly baked. Let the pizza stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.