- 4 large potatoes
- white pepper
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 3 tbsp medium aged gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup crème fraiche or sour cream with 28% fat
- pinch caraway
- 1 17.5 oz can Hengstenberg Mildessa Wine Sauerkraut
- tomato slices and fresh basil to garnish
- Heat oven to 375 F
- Boil potatoes with skin in salt water until tender.
- Quarter 1 tomato, remove seeds and cut meat into small chunks. Grate cheese finely and chop the thyme leaves. Mix together the crème fraiche or sour cream, cheese, tomatoes and thyme. Season with salt, pepper, and caraway.
- Drain the potatoes under cold water and let dry. Cut a small slice off the top of each potato. Place the potatoes on a baking tray.
- Mix the sauerkraut with the cheese/crème fraiche mix and spread onto the potatoes.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in a heated oven.
- Top with tomato chunks and herbs, garnish with tomato slices and serve.