- 4 bulbs kohlrabi
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup kohlrabi broth from cooking water
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 red radishes cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 large baking apple skin on, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Grease an earthenware dish and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with salted water - make sure there is enough water to cover the kohlrabi completely. Bring the water to a boil.
- Remove top leaves from the kohlrabi and peel. Boil the bulbs until tender, about 15 minutes, then drain (save the liquid) and cool.
- Stir in the egg yolk and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Alternate layers of kohlrabi, radish, and apple into the greased baking dish. Cover with the sauce, bake for 7 minutes, then place under the broiler until golden brown.
- Serve warm.