- Place prunes in a bowl, pouring hot water over them. Let sit for about 2 hours.
- Cut a big pocket into the roast pork. Drain the prunes and push them into the pocket. Sew the pocket with kitchen twine.
- Heat the clarified butter in a large roasting tray. Rub the roast pork with salt (or the optional Roast Pork spice mix) and place in the hot butter. Brown on all sides.
- Peel and dice the onion. Add onion, cloves, and allspice to the meat. Glaze with the beef broth. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 60-90 minutes. Take out the meat and keep warm.
- Strain the left over juices in the roasting tray. Add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Place in a pan and form a reduction of this mixture on high heat.
- Slice the roast pork into slices and serve with red cabbage, potato dumplings or simply salted potatoes.