Canapes of smoked mackerel topped with a apple-horseradish cream, garnished with chervil. Recipe courtesy of Chef Uta Schepers.
Servings 40 canapes
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- soft butter as needed
- 5 sides smoked mackerel
- 2 granny smith apples finely diced
- 4 tbsp horseradish
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- chervil as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe courtesy of Uta Schepers, Special Projects Chef, Johnson and Wales University
- Cut sourdough bread in quarters. Spread soft butter on bread. Cut mackerel on a bias in strips and place on each piece of bread.
- In a medium size bowl combine diced apples, horseradish, sour cream, lemon juice, honey and season with salt and pepper.
- Place apple-horseradish in a piping bag and pipe on mackerel.
- Garnish with sprig of chervil.