Lachs- und Forellensandwiches
Scrumptious and nutritious these fish sandwiches are a perfect meal for your next day trip, be it a picnic in the country or a day at the beach.
- 4 demi-baguettes
- 3-1/2 oz smoked trout fillets 100g
- 3-1/2 oz smoked salmon fillets 100g
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 cup peeled almonds finely chopped, 150g
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- With an electric mixer beat the butter until smooth and soft, then add the almonds, dill, salt and pepper. Place the butter in the refrigerator to chill.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into thin slices (easiest using a mandoline slicer).
- Slice the demi-baguettes open and spread the butter on all baguette halves. Arrange half of the cucumber slices in a gill-like pattern on all the bottom halves. Then arrange the trout fillets on two baguettes, the salmon fillets on the other two baguettes.
- Cover the fish with another layer of cucumber slices and close the sandwiches with the top halves of the demi-baguettes.