Fresh homemade lemonade with a lovely pink color from German strawberry preserves and the bubbles of German sparkling water.
- juice of 5 fresh lemons
- 3/4 cup sugar or more to taste
- 1/4 cup Zentis Strawberry Preserves heated gently
- 1 33-oz bottle chilled Gerolsteiner or Apollinaris sparkling mineral water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 fresh lemons sliced thin
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- fresh strawberries for garnish optional
Recipe courtesy of Chef Faith Alahverdian, Executive Chef, Shoprite Culinary Workshop
- In a 2-quart pitcher, whisk together the juice of 5 lemons, sugar and warm preserves.
- Pour in sparkling water and ice. Stir in lemon slices.
- Serve ice cold garnished with fresh mint.
If you prefer sweeter lemonade, add more sugar.