Fresh homemade lemonade with a lovely pink color from German strawberry preserves and the bubbles of German sparkling water.
- juice of 5 fresh lemons or use Vitam Organic Lemon Zest powder
- 3/4 cup sugar or more to taste
- 1/4 cup German Strawberry Preserves heated gently
- 1 33-oz bottle chilled German sparkling mineral water Gerolsteiner, Rosbacher
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 fresh lemons sliced thin
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- fresh strawberries for garnish optional
Recipe courtesy of Chef Faith Alahverdian, Executive Chef, Shoprite Culinary Workshop
- In a 2-quart pitcher, whisk together the juice of 5 lemons, sugar and warm preserves.
- Pour in sparkling water and ice. Stir in lemon slices.
- Serve ice cold garnished with fresh mint.
If you don't want to have fresh lemons handy, use this German organic lemon peel powder instead. If you prefer sweeter lemonade, add more sugar.