Amuse your kids and involve them in meal creation with these fun variations on the standard hamburger.
- 3-1/2 oz pork schnitzel
- 2 sesame buns
- 1 hamburger bun
- 3-1/2 oz liver loaf
- 1/4 in red bell pepperstrips
- 4 chives
- 1 teaspoon roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoon ketchup
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 gherkins
- 3-1/2 oz ground beef
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Wash the lettuce leaves and pat them dry. Clean the tomatoes and cut them into slices. Cut the pickles lengthwise into slices.
- In a bowl combine the ground beef, egg, oats, onion, salt and pepper. Moisten your fingers and shape the mixture into flat patties.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a sauté pan and brown the patty about 3 minutes per side over medium heat.
- Season the pork schnitzel with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Over medium heat brown the Schnitzel for about 3 minutes per side.
- Brown the liver loaf for about 2 minutes.
- Slice the three buns open. Arrange the lettuce and pickles on the bottom halves of each.
- Place the slice of liver loaf on one, the pork schnitzel on the second, and the beef patty on the third bun.
- Add tomato slices to all three burgers and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Dress with ketchup and finish the burgers with the tops of the buns.