Savory herb stuffed roast veal served with roasted sour cream potatoes.
- 14 oz potatoes
- 2 oz lard
- sour cream
- 1 clove finely dicedof garlic
- bunch parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 lb leg of veal
- Slice the leg of veal half open. Using a meat tenderizer pound the meat until it's flat.
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F.
- Mix parsley, marjoram, breadcrumbs, garlic, pepper and salt and place it on the meat. Roll and tie with string to secure the stuffed meat while it cooks.
- Sauté the leg of veal in lard in an oven-proof roasting pan till browned, and then roast for about 60 min in the oven. Pour the jus through a strainer and mix in some sour cream.
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Spread the potatoes out in an even layer and season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Mix the potatoes with sour cream put into the oven. Bake for approximately 45 min.
- Guten Appetit!