- 2 cups chopped fresh watercress tightly packed
- 1 cup imported German pickled beets drained and sliced
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon imported German white vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 1-ounce slices Mirabo cheese
- Place watercress in a medium bowl. Slice beet slices into smaller pieces and place in another medium bowl. Whisk together walnut oil, white vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour half of dressing over watercress and toss. Pour other half over beets and toss.
- To serve salad, divide watercress between 2 plates. Divide beets between 2 plates, placing them to the side of the watercress. Finish with a slice of cheese on each plate, and more salt and pepper to taste.