A German Christmas cookie with a buttery hazelnut, almond or other nut taste commonly made into round, S-shaped or other shapes with a cookie press.
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 1 egg
- 4 oz ground nuts hazelnuts, almonds or others
- 2-1/2 cups flour 250g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine to form a smooth cookie dough.
- Use a cookie press to form small cookies in different shapes - straight, round, S-shaped cookies - onto a cookie sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden.