These thin pancakes with their fresh fruity filling just might become your new brunch favorite.
- 1 pkgs slivered almonds
- 2 pkgs vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- confectioner's sugar
- 1 tub vanilla pudding 200 ml, or about 3/4 cup
- 5-1/4 oz quark 150 g
- 2/3 cup sugar 125 g
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- clarified butter Butterschmalz
- 1-1/2 cups flour 200 g
- 1 cup milk 250 ml
- 4 eggs
- With a whisk or an electric mixer combine the eggs, milk and salt in a bowl. Add the sifted flour and fold it under the mixture. Add the melted butter. Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime wash the strawberries under cold water, let drain and pat dry. Remove the stems, quarter and chill the strawberries. Combine the sugar, vanilla sugar, quark and vanilla pudding until smooth and chill the mixture.
- Heat the purified butter (Butterschmalz) in a pan over medium heat. Prepare 8 crêpes and keep them warm. Add the quartered strawberries to the quark mixture and fill the crêpes with it.
- Arrange the crêpes on a serving plate, dust them with confectioner's sugar and garnish with whole strawberries, slivered almonds and confectioner's sugar.