This refreshing strawberry punch is sure to become the favorite treat for your spring picnic or your barbecue party.
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 4 ounces sugar
- 2 lemons
- 1 bottle dry Riesling
- 1 bottle dry Sekt German sparkling wine
- lemon balm for garnish optional
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems. Place strawberries in a bowl and cover with sugar.
- Wash the lemon and cut the peel with a sharp knife into thin spirals. Chop one lemon peel spiral finely and mix in with the strawberries along with the juice of one lemon. Place in the refrigerator (the sugar should have already dissolved).
- After 2 hours, pour off the juice from the strawberries and put to one side. Cover the strawberries with white wine and allow to stand in a cool place for 2 hours.
- Just before serving pour on the strawberry juice and the rest of the wine. Hang the remaining lemon spirals on the side of the bowl and pour in the Sekt. Serve cold with a sprig of lemon balm as garnish (optional).