As delicious as it gets! The slightly tart crème fraîche perfectly complements the fresh sweet strawberries.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 3-1/2 oz crème fraîche or sour cream 100 g, full fat
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- scant 1/4 cup white wine 50 ml
- butter and bread crumbs for the tartlet molds
- 5-1/2 Tbsp cold butter 75g
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar 70g
- 1/2 corn starch 50g
- 1 cup flour 100g
- Work the flour, corn starch, sugar, egg and butter (separated into flakes) into a smooth dough. Form a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Coat the tartlet molds with butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Dust the work surface with a little flour and roll out the dough. Line the tartlet molds with the dough and pierce gently using a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F on the middle rack for about 15-20 minutes. Let the tartlets cool down and carefully remove them from the molds.
- For the filling, mix the wine with corn starch until smooth. Add the sugar and bring the mixture to a boil. Let it cool down and add the crème fraîche.
- Wash the strawberries under cold water, clean and pat dry. Cut the strawberries into halves or quarters, depending on size. Fill the tartlets with the cream and arrange the strawberries on top.