Streuselkuchen mit Kirschen
This cherry streusel cake simply uses flour, butter, sugar, eggs to make the bottom layer and streusel top. Just add German morello cherries to make this delicious summer cake.
For the dough:
For the filling:
- 2 jars German morello sour cherries
Recipe adapted from chefkoch.de
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, cream of tartar, and baking powder. Knead into a dough. Separate the dough into halves, placing one half in a prepared circular cake pan. Using your hands, press the dough evenly into the pan. Allow the dough to come up about 1/2 inch on the sides.
- Drain the cherries well.
- Spread the cherries onto the prepared dough in the cake pan. Crumble the left over dough and sprinkle on top of the cherries to make a streusel.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.