Bell peppers are rich in vitamin C. They are also quite tasty enjoyed raw along with a sandwich.
- 1 stale bread roll
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, green)
- 2/3 pound ground meat half beef, half pork
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika sweet
- 8 oz pine nuts roasted
For the sauce:
- 1 can chopped tomatoes 1 pound
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Soak the bread roll in a bowl filled with cold water, remove the roll and squeeze out the water.
- Wash the bell peppers, cut off the lids (stem ends), remove the white membranes and seeds.
- In a bowl combine the ground meat, bread roll, egg, onion, paprika, pine nuts, pepper and salt.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the meat mixture and place the bell pepper "lids" on top.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into a casserole dish and combine it with the vegetable stock and the tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the bell peppers upright in the casserole dish, drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of sauce and place in a 350° F oven for about 40 minutes.