Camembert stuffed with hazelnuts, grapes and pumpernickel with a bit of chile bite and a bit of honey sweetness, then decorated with ground hazelnuts. Party food that needs no cooking as is quick to assemble.
- 8 oz German soft cheese such as Champignon
- 8 oz crème fraiche
- 5 oz seedless grapes chopped
- 6 oz hazelnuts coarsely ground
- 4 oz German pumpernickel
- 1 chile pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp German honey
- salt and pepper
- Beat the crème fraîche in a bowl until stiff. Mix in the salt and pepper to taste, half the hazelnuts, grapes, honey and pepper.
- Crumble the pumpernickel into breadcrumbs and mix in the rest of the hazelnuts.
- Cut the Camembert in half lengthwise and spread half the crème fraîche over one half of the cheese, then sandwich the two halves together. Carefully spread the rest of the mixture over the top of the two sandwiched halves and sprinkle over the pumpernickel and hazelnut breadcrumb mixture.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.